Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Fairy Tale Gone Wrong

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of getting married. I dreamed of a big house, lots of money, and always having what I wanted. Isn't that what every girl dreamt of? Marriage started off that way...but then my fairy tale went wrong.

Jordan and I had a perfect wedding on July 19, 2008. Our honeymoon was so perfect we thought we had dreamed it all. I had a job as a teacher and Jordan was working for a company close to our house. One November day as I was cleaning up my classroom, I got a phone call from Jordan saying that he had been let go from his job. Wow...was that a shocker for me! We were now to live off of my small teaching salary.

We survived, but then things started to get rocky where I was teaching. I never could do anything right and when I changed one thing, my principal said that I was doing something else wrong. I believe there were some hidden motives, but that's another story for another day. It eventually came down to me either resign or my contract was not going to be renewed. To save any hope of a future career in teaching, I resigned. I had been praying for God to open the doors that needed to be opened and close the doors that needed to be closed. He closed that door and still hasn't opened a door for a job.

In July, I knew my last paycheck would be coming and Jordan still did not have a job. At the beginning of the month, a company started calling him and he was hired on July 18...one day before our first anniversary. It's a small company so with this economy things change daily. Like today, Jordan's boss said that if sales don't rise then there may not be a job for him anymore. Trusting in GOD!!

We have learned a lot in our first year of marriage. We have learned how to be humble. We have learned that God will ALWAYS provide. And the hardest lesson of all was patience. We really appreciate all of our friends and family who have helped us along the way.

So even though marriage has not been the fairy tale that I dreamed of, I would not trade it for anything. Jordan and I are more in love and closer than we ever have been.

This is me and my life is constantly changing, but I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment