Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life Updates

I just feel like I need to blog and document all the great stuff that's been happening in my life.

Business has been picking up at Jordan's work. We are praying that they will have tremendous sales the last few days of September. We feel pretty confident that Jordan's job is secure, but there's always a little bit of us that still worries. This week will be a very interesting one...we could use prayers!

On Wednesday, Jordan had some car problems and our family mechanic, Keith, said that it could cost $150 or more. We were panicking because right now we don't have that kind of money. On Thursday morning I was called to substitute! God always works things out! And God even worked out the bill. A mysterious donor paid $20 and my day of subbing will cover the rest. PTL!

On Thursday, Jordan and I began running. I thought if I was conditioning my heart to be more like Jesus and focusing on the goal of heaven, I should condition my body. It was very refreshing and somewhat spiritual.

I had an interview with the City of Spartanburg on Friday! Yes, you read correctly...I had an interview! It's for a position as the educational coordinator for the Weed and Seed program. It's a great program that weeds bad things out of bad neighborhoods and plants good programs instead. I would be helping 20-25 kids from K5-6th grade with their homework and catch up with their academics. I think the interview went really well. This is just a part-time position, but the director said that it could turn into a full-time position. I hope to hear back from them this week!

Friday night we had to attend a tattoo contest at Harley Davidson of Greenville. Jordan was a judge. It went terribly. A few posts back, I wrote about some friends of Jordan's that I thought were two-faced and using him. I think those friends drew the last straw on Friday night. I pray that my sweet husband will not allow those people to use him any longer and he will cut ties with them.

Today we celebrated my daddy's 60th birthday!! I wanted to do something special for him because he has been somewhat depressed about getting older. Most of the men in his family have not lived this long, so it feels weird to him. I couldn't get a great gift like my love language would usually have me do, so I threw him a party. It didn't turn out like I had originally planned, but it was a nice gathering of friends and family. I'm so glad to have my daddy!!

Life has been full of ups and downs as always, but I feel good about what's coming at me! I'm such a lucky girl to have a thoughtful husband, supportive family, and fun friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment