Sunday, November 22, 2009

Give Thanks to the Lord

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
-1 Chronicles 16:34

These are a few of the things that I thank God for everyday:

*Jesus being sent to this earth to die for my sins so that I may live eternally.
*My husband, Jordan, for loving me so much and being my best friend. He is too good to me.
*Caroline and Peyton, my dogs, because they always know how to make me happy.
*My parents for always loving me even though sometimes they don't agree with the things I do, giving me everything they possibly can/could, and trying to protect me from all evils.
*Unemployment for showing me that God is control of every situation and that my worrying will do nothing for me. Also for showing me how God works in mysterious ways.
*My brothers for making me the person I am today. Without their constant picking and joking, who knows how tender-hearted and serious I would be today. I'm also thankful for their love and support through the years. Also for marrying such wonderful women to give me the sisters that I have been longing for. And for giving me 3 wonderful nieces.
*The two jobs that Jordan and I now have. We are finally happy and couldn't be more thankful for the places that God brought us.
*My in-laws who always teach me something new and for the good times we have together.
*My freedom and my brother and sister-in-law who safely returned from Iraq this year.
*The best friends in the entire world who always know what I am thinking and how to make me smile.
*Neighbors who are friends.
*My church, Rushing Wind Christian Fellowship, for being a true sanctuary to everyone regardless of their color, bank account, or past.
*Our house, cars, and everything else that God allows us to have and keep.
*My job at Landrum Middle School for preparing me for my current job. I knew all those hoops I was jumping through was not just for show..God knew.

I'll probably continue to add to this list throughout this week. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment